The Rose Nolan Memorial Scholarship was established to recognize Aboriginal First Nation women who are achieving their educational and training goals while maintaining strong community involvement.
Scholarship awards will be given annually to Aboriginal First Nation women who have recently completed at least one year of full time studies at any accredited post-secondary educational or training institution.
Again, this year, the Ted Nolan Foundation will be awarding a number of scholarships to Aboriginal First Nation women in honour of his mother, Rose Nolan.
How do I qualify?
To be eligible you must:
- Be an Aboriginal woman (First Nation Status)
- Be a member of a First Nation community in Canada
- Be a Canadian resident
- Have recently completed one year of full-time studies at any post-secondary educational or training institution.
How do I apply?
An application form will be available on our website at www.tednolanfoundation.com beginning April 1, 2012. All applications must be fully completed, include all required documentation (listed below) and postmarked no later than June 30, 2012.
Late applications, faxes or e-mails will not be accepted.
Applications must be mailed to: NOLAN FOUNDATION, Rose Nolan Scholarship Fund, 9 Sandhurst Ct., Brantford, Ontario N3R 7G4
Your application must include:
- An official sealed transcript (or a certified copy) for all studies completed to date including spring of 2012.
- A one-page essay explaining why you should receive a Rose Nolan Memorial Scholarship. This should include a description of your educational achievements, your career plans and your community involvement.
- A current letter of reference from a professor, instructor or academic advisor from the institution attended.
- A current letter of reference from your community or where you are living or going to school.
- A legible copy of your “Status Card”.
- Confirmation and Documentation of fall enrollment for 2012.
How will I know if I have been selected?
Only those selected for a scholarship will be contacted and their names will be posted on the website by August 30, 2012.
How can I find more information?
For more information please contact Joe Tice at email@example.com or Brandon Nolan at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sandra Nolan at email@example.com